Stepping On training consists of two courses, Introductory and Advanced. Advanced Training is available for facilitators who have completed the Introductory Training and are looking for more resources. Please contact us to enquire about Advanced Training.
The Introductory course equips students to facilitate community based Stepping On programs for older people. To learn more about the program, refer to the Program page
The workshop will be facilitated by Megan Swann, the co-author of the Stepping On program. Megan has been facilitating Stepping On programs and training facilitators to embed the program in their work practice for over 10 years.
- Planning and implementing Stepping On programs
- Using the Stepping On manual as a resource for the program
- Key evidence-based prevention strategies to enable older people to reduce their risk if falling
- How to resource and up-skill experts and incorporate other community resources
- Understand the importance of building trust and cohesiveness amongst group participants and using the group as a learning environment.
- Understand how to set homework in ways that participants will practice and implement targeted behaviours in everyday lives.
Mode of Delivery
This program is delivered in a combination of pre-learning and workshop training. It combines self paced learning and practical workshops involving small groups and network building. See our resources page for learning aids
This program is facilitated by Megan Swann, the co author and researcher of the Stepping On program, and co-facilitated by a second experienced allied health trainer.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested in facilitating a Stepping On program, such as allied health, nursing and community workers. It is important that students have an understanding of aged care and preferable that they have an aged care certificate.
Please contact us to enrol in an introductory training course.
If you are located in the USA and wish to enquire about training, please click here
The below are real comments from attendees at a ‘train the trainer’ seminar.
The Training day has been helpful, delightful, fun, and very interesting information in all areas. Trainers’ speakers were awesome and presented information clearly
I loved how engaging it was. GREAT!
Very well run and structured day. Very engaging. The trainers knew their stuff
Loved having the co author run the training day. You can tell this training is for clinicians by clinicians.
Learnt how TO DO the program.Practical information. Lots of Fun